The organizing committee and the various teams participating have already been hard at work this year to make the event as exciting as ever! Here are some of the activities that have been going on already:
- We have had several meetings with our new charity partner, Street Culture Project, and we are really excited about getting funding for many of their worthy programs.
- Team registration opened, and as of June 13, 2019, we are already at 11 teams and 45 people!
- Our kick-off event, an all-you-can-eat Taco Night was held on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at the Industrial Park Cafe. Teams sold tickets, and we raised $1,032.
- Throughout the summer, we will be staffing several Hot Doge Sales at Save-On Foods East, and Co-op Food Store Rochdale. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for event details.
- Keep an eye out for the various team fundraisers that will start popping up in the city, and make sure to support those events!
- Posters are starting to roll out around town at some great local businesses!